DATA AND ASSESSMENT COORDINATOR
Status: Full-time, one-year contract (local candidate only)
Salary: USD550 – USD750/month (before tax)
Report to: Deputy Director, External Partnerships
Location: Phnom Penh
Start Date: September 1, 2023
Application Deadline: August 15, 2023
About Teach For Cambodia
Established in 2017, Teach For Cambodia is an independent local organization working to foster collective leadership to ensure all children will fulfill their potential. We believe that a child’s education and future should not be determined by his or her circumstances in life. Thousands of students do not have the opportunity to attain an excellent education because of many socioeconomic factors, like how much their parents earn or where they live.
We recruit and select our nation’s rising generation of educational leaders to teach in high-need public schools where the problem of educational inequity exists. We prepare our participants, also known as the TFC Fellows, through five-week residential pre-service training geared at building effective habits and mindsets (e.g. setting vision and goals for impact, giving & receiving feedback). A Fellow commits to teach full-time for at least two years in our public school partners and participate in all core training and leadership development events (e.g. structured problem-solving).
To date, our fellows have impacted over 30,000 students in urban poor and rural communities. Beyond the Fellowship, our growing network of Alumni is lifelong advocates for education and expanding life opportunities for students, working as a community of leaders to build an ecosystem of solutions at all levels of society – from classroom to education policy to teacher and school leadership upgrade initiatives nationwide.
We are looking for champions to join our team in this mission of change, who share our vision and core values of: Set High Expectations, Stay Focused, Get Things Done, Work With Others, and The Power of Leadership and Teamwork. All these are the important parts of our culture, to ensure long-term sustainable success and realize our vision:
One day, all children in Cambodia will have the opportunity to attain an excellent education.
Purpose of the Role
The Data and Assessment Coordinator plays a key role in Teach For Cambodia by monitoring the implementation of program activities, data analysis and reporting, and supporting program research needs. This role will coordinate with staff to ensure data collection activities are carried out according to TFC’s M&E plan and measure progress, quality and impact of activities to target beneficiaries. This also will be involved in carrying out and disseminating surveys, data collection, analysis and reporting on the core program and across different projects delivery.
The Data and Assessment Coordinator will support the program and project team in planning and execution of M&E activities as planned. The role will support the monitoring of project activities, maintenance of an updated project database, providing technical support to improve quality of program and project data, measurement of project performance, documentation of results and learning, and timely accomplishment of all M&E related project reporting requirements.
- Assist to review and update program and project M&E plans and to implement M&E activities
- Assist in design of methodologies for monitoring and evaluation of the project, mechanisms for assuring quality in implementation of project activities, methods for measuring project performance and results, and procedures for project documentation and reporting
- Assist in development of data collecting/recording and analysis tools, monitoring checklists and reporting templates for the projects
- Ensure timely collection and verification of program and project data to measure progress, performance and results with support to appropriately analyse and efficiently communicate data or information between internal team and partners
- Maintain an up-to-date project database with accurate data on implementation of project activities and measure of project performance
- Disseminate data collection tools to staff, fellows and relevant stakeholders
- Data entry, extract and clean Google sheets, Salesforce data sets, as requested and needed and analyze them to make progress reports.
- Conduct random spot checks on the database to check the uploaded data by data entrants and match it with the scanned or hard copied documents.
- Ensure that the basic information about each beneficiary (sex, age, status, location) is collected for each activity.
- Conduct field/site visits to observe how the program staff are using the M&E tools and ensure that assessments are carried out properly
- Fill M&E forms in the field including observations, school surveys, fellows surveys etc
- Monitor and supervise the work of enumerators, data entrants.
- Communicate with Fellows and relevant staff to ensure that assessments, evaluations, and other data collection activities take place according to the data collection schedule.
- Provide regular updates to manager on the progress against target indicators and on any gaps in target achievement.
- Assist in timely preparation and submission of project reports and datasets as per reporting requirements for projects
- Gather evidence, prepare documentation and file supporting documents
- Ensure in data quality assurance of all the data collected, analyzed and reported
- Collect and conduct first-level analyze monthly student assessment data from fellows
- Compile monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Collect monthly stories with photos and videos and share with relevant team members.
Collaboration and Coordination
- Assist in capacity building of project team, fellows and relevant team members in the use of the methodologies, tools, templates and procedures for project data collection/recording, verification, analysis and reporting
Note: While this role will mainly support the development efforts, there may also be a need to support other efforts within TFC as we collectively work towards ending education inequity.
MINDSET AND APPROACH TO WORK
- Persistence – a behavior that does not give up easily and quickly moves forward
- High attention to detail
- Staying focused and organized
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPECTATIONS
- Bachelor/Postgraduate degree in any field1-2 years experience in the field of M&E
- Strong report writing skills
- Strong logical and process-based thinking
- Proficiency in both Khmer and English required
- Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and/or Google Workspace Applications
- Ability to develop action plans and progress trackers
- Excellent organizational skills, accuracy, and exceptional attention to detail
- Proactive self-starter with the ability to manage multiple streams of work, and independently prioritize tasks.
- Highly adaptable and work effectively in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, deadline-driven, collaborative, and dynamic environment.
- Strong desire to learn new things and grow professionally
- Passion for Teach For Cambodia’s mission and the education field.
- Desirable skills:
- Presentation skills (e.g., visual, organizing information, etc.)
- Ability to analyze, communicate, and tell stories using data
- Knowledge of technology for data collection
Please send your resume with two referees listed and a one-page cover letter answers to the two questions listed below to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc: email@example.com with the subject line of the position.
- What motivates you to join Teach For Cambodia?
- What strengths and experiences will allow you to be successful in this position?
We will look at all candidates’ resumes and cover letters with extreme detail. Given the number of applications we receive at Teach For Cambodia, we will only have the chance to contact candidates who pass to the first round of screening. Thank you for your understanding.
If hired, employees are required to abide by Teach For Cambodia’s Child Safeguarding Policy and organizational policies and procedures. TFC is committed to ensuring a workplace that safeguards and protects all children, including preventing their sexual exploitation and abuse, as well as preventing the sexual exploitation and abuse of its staff, partners, and program participants.