Recruitment and Branding/Marketing Manager – Job Description
Full-time role; 2-year contract
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
If yes, READ MORE >> and join us!
About Teach For Cambodia
Teach For Cambodia’s hope for the younger generation—to shape the future of Cambodia—is a response to the shared history and trauma of the genocide that touched the lives of all Cambodians. Many boys and girls live in poverty and are forced into laboring jobs or migrating to find even subsistence-level work. The education system is similarly challenged.
Teach For Cambodia is supporting the younger generation of Cambodians to build a new future for the country. TFC recruits a diverse cohort of fellows, nurtures a deep sense of trust and connection between those fellows during the two year program, and invests in building the capacity of fellows to understand the problems of the Cambodian educational system and how they might be solved. TFC is now placing its fourth cohort of 40 fellows across 10 schools in Kampong Chhnang, Kandal and Phnom Penh. Additionally, several alumni from the first two cohorts are already working in key roles within the system shaping and implementing nationwide education policies.
Recruitment and Admission Team
The Recruitment & Admissions Team inspires young people to commit to developing our country through education. They are responsible for attracting, recruiting, and selecting cohorts of outstanding leaders to join the Fellowship program while advocating for inclusive education and creating awareness among youth of the role they can play in shaping the future.
Purpose of the Recruitment and Branding/Marketing
As a member of the Recruitment & Admissions Team, the Recruitment & Branding/Marketing Manager is responsible for recruiting a group of outstanding leaders to join the Fellowship program while generating significant awareness about the issues in education and the role young people can play in creating a different future. The role is also responsible for building visibility for our work through social media and different channels by generating compelling content. This role will play a key part in leading the recruitment effort and overseeing regional campaign managers and brand managers (interns and volunteers) to achieve recruitment goals.
Key Responsibilities and Measures of Success
Create and manage an ambitious recruitment campaign
- Identify, cultivate, and influence top leaders to join the Teach For Cambodia Fellowship
- Mobilize outstanding Fellows and alumni to be part of recruitment efforts
- Build and maintain relationships with university administrators, faculty members, and other key influencers to execute an effective recruitment campaign
- Communicate effectively with diverse audiences to deliver a compelling vision tailored to their motivations and interests
Manage campaigns to achieve ambitious goals
- Set, define and meet ambitious yet realistic goals
- Utilize data to make the best decisions (e.g., Facebook, LinkedIn, or Google analysis)
- Evaluate the effectiveness of strategies and the overall recruitment campaign
- Structure and delegate projects to ensure timely completion by part-time interns and volunteers
Branding and marketing
- Plan and execute marketing strategies that align with organizational priorities
- Generate compelling content to build visibility and awareness
- Manage social media channels
- Required Experience & Education
- 2+ years working in marketing, admissions, or related field
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Written and verbal communication skills in English and Khmer
- Expected Knowledge
- Of the Cambodian Educational System
- Of the University and Young Professional Landscape
- How to Design & Manage Projects or Campaigns
- How to Collect, Analyze and Use Data (Salesforce a plus)
- Excellent proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint (Google Suite)
- Important Competencies & Skills
- Developing leadership
- Building partnerships
- Operating and managing for impact
- Generating solutions
Please send your resume and a one-page cover letter explaining your motivations for applying to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc: email@example.com with the subject line of the position you are applying for. Please include either your compensation/salary expectation and/or your current compensation.
We will look at ALL candidate Resumes with extreme detail. Given the significant number of applicants we have to work at Teach For Cambodia, we will only have the chance to contact those candidates that pass to the first round of interviews. Thank you for your understanding.