Program and Partnership Engagement Associate (or Senior Associate) – Job Description
Full-time role; 2-year contract (Local Candidate is preferred)
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
If yes, READ MORE >> and join us!
About Teach For Cambodia
Teach For Cambodia’s hope for the younger generation—to shape the future of Cambodia—is a response to the shared history and trauma of the genocide that touched the lives of all Cambodians. Many boys and girls live in poverty and are forced into laboring jobs or migrating to find even subsistence-level work. The education system is similarly challenged.
Teach For Cambodia is supporting the younger generation of Cambodians to build a new future for the country. TFC recruits a diverse cohort of fellows, nurtures a deep sense of trust and connection between those fellows during the two year program, and invests in building the capacity of fellows to understand the problems of the Cambodian educational system and how they might be solved. TFC is now placing its fourth cohort of 40 fellows across 10 schools in Kampong Chhnang, Kandal and Phnom Penh. Additionally, several alumni from the first two cohorts are already working in key roles within the system shaping and implementing nationwide education policies.
Development & Operations Team
The Development & Operations Team is responsible for mobilizing the financial and non-financial resources, expertise and advocacy needed to deepen and grow the impact of the Teach For Cambodia program. Through public-private partnerships, Teach For Cambodia along with key multi-year partners such as the Cambodian Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport, Royal University of Phnom Penh, Teach For All, DHL, ISI Group’s KMH Foundation is growing a critical mass of leaders within the education system to shape the next generation of Cambodian youth. To date, Teach For Cambodia has raised over $2M towards the training and support of about 100 participants (“fellows”) who teach in high-need classrooms to transform the lives of thousands of students in Phnom Penh, Kandal and Kampong Chhnang while developing themselves to be future leaders for education equity.
Purpose of the Program and Partnership Engagement Associate Role
This role will play a critical role in cultivation and stewardship of supporters and champions of Teach For Cambodia as well as all related initiatives. This role provides the opportunity to learn about all aspects of Teach For Cambodia’s Development work and to build key skills critical to working closely with partners and funders. This role also will focus on ensuring the quality of the program and initiative management.
Key Responsibilities and Measures of Success
Partnership Portfolio Management
- Design and execute strategy for engagement with current funding partners in collaboration with the Chief Operating Officer (COO)
- Track and manage engagement with a broad range of prospects and funding partners in Teach For Cambodia’s portfolio
- Support a wide range of Development efforts including preparing excellent communications (emails, letters, presentations, grant/partnership proposals), prospect research, attending meetings with potential/current partners, attending and/or creating networking events to raise TFC’s profile in the community
- Design and launch new giving campaigns alongside the COO such as a Sponsor-a-Teacher program, mass individual giving program, and/or project-specific initiatives that advance TFC’s vision and mission.
- Ensure a reliable, efficient and compliant payment system and process
- Collaborate to execute social media / internet based campaigns
- Develop a compelling engagement plan to ensure new and ongoing supporters are informed and involved in relevant and meaningful ways
- Required Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in any field
- Experience working in a dynamic environment and achieving high results
- Expected Knowledge
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent understanding of resource mobilization strategies, cycles and activities
- Demonstrated knowledge of grants management, monitoring, assessments and reviews
- Important Competencies & Skills
- Ability to adapt in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, achievement-oriented environment
- Exceptional organizational skills and strong orientation to detail
- Operates with a high level of personal responsibility
- Strong work ethic with desire to go above and beyond
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills with a variety of diverse stakeholders
- Ability to prioritise and juggle multiple projects within tight deadlines
- Ability to work reflectively and adaptively in a constantly changing environment
- Ability to collect, manage, analyze and draw conclusions from data
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills
- Ability to work independently, multitask and meet deadlines
- Makes learning a priority for self and team
- Shows positivity, focus and perseverance when faced with challenges
- Honesty and integrity at all times
Please send your resume and a one-page cover letter explaining your motivations for applying to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc: email@example.com with the subject line of the position you are applying for. Please include either your compensation/salary expectation and/or your current compensation.
We will look at ALL candidate Resumes with extreme detail. Given the significant number of applicants we have to work at Teach For Cambodia, we will only have the chance to contact those candidates that pass to the first round of interviews. Thank you for your understanding.