Head of Recruitment and Admissions
Full-time role; 2-year contract
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
If yes, READ MORE >> and join us!
About Teach For Cambodia
Teach For Cambodia’s hope for the younger generation—to shape the future of Cambodia—is a response to the shared history and trauma of the genocide that touched the lives of all Cambodians. Many boys and girls live in poverty and are forced into laboring jobs or migrating to find even subsistence-level work. The education system is similarly challenged.
Teach For Cambodia is supporting the younger generation of Cambodians to build a new future for the country. TFC recruits a diverse cohort of fellows, nurtures a deep sense of trust and connection between those fellows during the two year program, and invests in building the capacity of fellows to understand the problems of the Cambodian educational system and how they might be solved. TFC is now placing its fourth cohort of 40 fellows across 10 schools in Kampong Chhnang, Kandal and Phnom Penh. Additionally, several alumni from the first two cohorts are already working in key roles within the system shaping and implementing nationwide education policies.
Purpose of the Head of Recruitment and Admissions Role
The Head of Recruitment and Admissions Role is responsible for bringing together a diverse group of outstanding leaders for each incoming Teach For Cambodia Cohort. These leaders will be the change makers in classrooms and for the education system and narrative of our country. This role will manage an energetic team that will be constantly working towards recruiting and selecting the best candidates for the role of Teach For Cambodia Fellow. This role is critical to the success of the program because the quality of the candidates in the cohort will determine the growth, development and impact of the program in each community.
Key Responsibilities and Measures of Success
- Setting Goals
- Collectively setting ambitious recruitment goals
- Set and oversee high standard of operational effectiveness and efficiency in recruitment and admissions processes
- Invest in stakeholders
- Build strategic recruitment partnerships with Universities and other external stakeholders to engage with potential candidate for the fellowship
- Write internal and external communications
- Manage a highly professional communication processes with candidates
- Elevate TFC Brand
- Plan purposefully & executive effectively
- Develop the recruitment and selection strategies
- Co-design a marketing and communication plan that leverages relevant channels to increase brand awareness
- Recruit & select outstanding Fellows from diverse academic and socio-economic backgrounds to meet annual goals
- Continually increase effectiveness
- Evaluate and increase the effectiveness of individual strategies and overall team by working hands-on with team members,
- Iterate upon selection model and process as needed to ensure vision and mission alignment
- Cultivate a strong and positive team culture
- Manage, coach and support a team of direct reports to meet ambitious goals
- Build and maintain the team’s energy and sense of possibility
- Align team culture with TFC’s core values
- Required Experience & Education
- 2+ years of management experience
- 2+ years working in the Recruitment related field
- Bachelor’s degree required, masters preferred
- Written and verbal communication skills in English and Khmer
- Expected Knowledge
- Of the Cambodian Educational System
- How to Design Strong Campaigns and Projects
- How to Collect, Analyze and Use data (salesforce preferred)
- Excellent proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Suite
- Important Competencies & Skills
- Strategic communications, media and/or PR experience preferred
- Developing leadership in self and others
- Building partnerships
- Operating and managing for impact
- Generating solutions
Please send your resume and a one-page cover letter explaining your motivations for applying to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc: email@example.com with the subject line of the position you are applying for. Please include either your compensation/salary expectation and/or your current compensation.
We will look at ALL candidate Resumes with extreme detail. Given the significant number of applicants we have to work at Teach For Cambodia, we will only have the chance to contact those candidates that pass to the first round of interviews. Thank you for your understanding.