Head of Training and Support – Job Description
Full-time role; 2-year Contract
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
If yes, READ MORE >> and join us!
About Teach For Cambodia
Teach For Cambodia’s hope for the younger generation—to shape the future of Cambodia—is a response to the shared history and trauma of the genocide that touched the lives of all Cambodians. Many boys and girls live in poverty and are forced into laboring jobs or migrating to find even subsistence-level work. The education system is similarly challenged.
Teach For Cambodia is supporting the younger generation of Cambodians to build a new future for the country. TFC recruits a diverse cohort of fellows, nurtures a deep sense of trust and connection between those fellows during the two year program, and invests in building the capacity of fellows to understand the problems of the Cambodian educational system and how they might be solved. TFC is now placing its fourth cohort of 40 fellows across 10 schools in Kampong Chhnang, Kandal and Phnom Penh. Additionally, several alumni from the first two cohorts are already working in key roles within the system shaping and implementing nationwide education policies.
Purpose of the Head of Training and Support Role
The Head of Training and Support’s role is to lead the Team in developing Fellows to become effective leaders and teachers for educational equity and excellence. This role will build a thoughtful, reflective and dynamic team that will train, coach and support Teach For Cambodia fellows to become exceptional leaders in the classroom and beyond. This role will bring strategic thinking, key relationships and a focus on developing individual and team potential to the Teach For Cambodia program.
Key Responsibilities and Measures of Success
- Deepen impact of Teach For Cambodia through leadership development of fellows and alumni towards the organizational vision.
- Make strategic choices using data and reflections
- Execute training and development programs
- Achieve goals and priorities. Planning objectively and using a system to drive the team in training and supporting the Fellows transformation and growth.
- Monitor Training Team progress and impact
- Engage and build relationships with relevant external stakeholders
- Improve Training and Support Team’s efficiency. Being innovative and strategic in solving challenges through collectively working the team.
- Evaluate and determine the progress made, key challenges & propose solutions to the CEO
- Research, learn, develop, record and share knowledge from Training and Support Team
- Build a high performing and energizing team culture. Develop a high performing and positive working culture that brings the best out of people, including their wellbeing, energy, growth and impact
- Develop high performing and ‘grounded’ Program Managers (PM)
- Recruit new training and support staff
- Build a strong team culture through coaching and developing
- Align team culture with TFC’s core values
- Be part of the Senior Leadership Team of the Organization
- Contribute strategically to organizational leadership and direction
- Develop and oversee organization-wide strategic and operational plan
- Required Experience & Education
- 4+ years of management experience
- 2+ years working in the Education System
- Bachelor’s degree required, masters preferred
- Expected Knowledge
- Of the Cambodian Educational System
- How to Design Strong Programs
- Coaching Basics
- Excellent proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Proficiency in English
- Important Competencies & Skills
- Developing leadership
- Building partnerships
- Operating and managing for impact
- Generating solutions
Please send your resume and a one-page cover letter explaining your motivations for applying to email@example.com and cc: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of the position you are applying for. Please include either your compensation/salary expectation and/or your current compensation.
We will look at ALL candidate Resumes with extreme detail. Given the significant number of applicants we have to work at Teach For Cambodia, we will only have the chance to contact those candidates that pass to the first round of interviews. Thank you for your understanding.