Applications for the 2018 Teach For Cambodia Fellowship are now open.
Application Deadline: 20th March 2018
We are searching for outstanding Cambodian individuals to lead and teach students from challenging socioeconomic backgrounds to achieve significant academic and personal growth. If you are a working professional or a graduating university student with strong leadership skills, passion for making an impact on the lives of children and interest in becoming a lifelong leader in Cambodia, APPLY NOW!
To be eligible, applicants must meet the following basic requirements:
- - Cambodian citizens aged 35 and under
- - Possess a bachelor's degree in any major by 1 November 2018 (existing teachers currently in Cambodian public schools are eligible to apply with or without a bachelor's degree)
- - Flexibility and willingness to work in any school where we will place fellows (primarily grades 4-11 in Phnom Penh, Kandal, and Kampong Cham)
Teaching experience is NOT required to be eligible for this Fellowship program. All academic and professional backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Existing teachers in the public and private sectors are eligible to apply.
Predictors of Your Success as a Fellow
Research shows that teachers who have helped their students achieve the most dramatic growth often possess the following characteristics. Therefore, we will look for fellows who demonstrate these qualities:
- Leadership: You show the willingness and capacity to take the lead, inspire and motivate others, and execute big plans effectively.
- Achievement: You set high expectations for yourself and work relentlessly to meet them. You can demonstrate strong achievement academically, and in personal, professional, or extracurricular contexts.
- Critical Thinking: You can come up with considered, effective and appropriate solutions to problems by drawing on available resources, logic, and innovative thinking.
- Organizational Skills: You plan well, prioritize effectively and can manage multiple tasks with efficiency.
- Interpersonal Skills: You can communicate clearly and have a good presence. You consider the interests and perspectives of others to listen and respond effectively.
- Perseverance: You have the desire and ability to overcome barriers through working purposefully in the face of challenges. You don’t give up, but see difficulties as an opportunity to learn, improve and develop.
- Respect, Humility, and Collaboration: You are open and ready to learn from those around you. You value people’s differences and work together to maximize their potential and yours.
- Fit: You understand and deeply believe in the vision and mission of Teach For Cambodia. You are willing and committed to undertake the challenge of the fellowship with the conviction that the students you teach can learn and succeed.
Teach For Cambodia's selection process is designed to help us identify applicants who possess the characteristics needed to succeed in this program.
This is your first opportunity to tell us about yourself. In the online application, you will be asked to provide contact details and information regarding your academic and extracurricular achievements, an employment history, and responses to background and personal questions. You may save your application and return to it at a later date, but all applications must be submitted in full prior to the deadlines outlined above to be considered.
The phone interview assesses your competencies and fit with Teach For Cambodia and lets you learn more about the organization and our work. You will be contacted ahead of time to schedule your interview, with a choice of dates and times to select from. Please ensure that you are fully prepared prior to the interview time. Phone interviews last approximately 20-30 minutes.
The interview is an all-day process and is comprised of three stages, including but not limited to: sample lesson plan, group exercises, and a personal interview.
Note: For overseas applicants, Distant Assessment Centers will be administered virtually (e.g. Skype).