Are you ready to make an impact?
Because you can at Teach For Cambodia.
At Teach For Cambodia, you have the opportunity to directly affect the lives of young people. You get to help create a more positive narrative. You get to reimagine education.
At A Glance:
- Open Position: Communications Manager
- Location: Phnom Penh
- Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
- Employment Type: Full-time (one-year contract)
- Start Date: ASAP
- Application Deadline: Ongoing
- Basic Requirements: Cambodian citizen
- Compensation: $800-$1100 monthly gross salary, based on skills & experience
We are looking for a self-driven Communications Manager who can produce internal and external communications that bring TFC’s vision and mission to life!
You love a good story and making sure that all the right people hear about it. You understand how social media works and can create content that is informative and engaging. You are an excellent communicator with strong presentation and organizational skills. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Find, capture and produce staff, Fellow, students and community stories and content for publishing on blogs, partners and supporters’ sites and media sites
- Create informative and interesting newsletters, press releases, press kits, and related marketing materials
- Identify and amplify partners’ stories and content that reflect TFC’s vision, mission and strategies
- Produce weekly communications reports for the CEO & COO that highlight insights, learnings, engagements, progress, and new stories happening at staff and Fellow levels
- Ensure all TFC social media channels are active and the TFC website is up-to-date
- Plan and manage design, content and production of relevant materials
- Bachelor’s degree or experience in communications, journalism, public relations or relevant field
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role with increased responsibility and impact
- Proven experience creating targeted messages and content
- Strong knowledge of communication practices and techniques
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills in Khmer and English
- Excellent organizational skills. Ability to manage multiple deadlines and work well under pressure
Values and Mindset
- Deep belief in the power of education to transform lives, communities and Cambodia
- A strong sense of respect and humility
- Shows perseverance when faced with challenges
Benefits & Unique Opportunities
Benefits include a flexible vacation policy, premium medical insurance, dental/eyeglasses allowance and numerous opportunities for professional development and travel. For example, you will have the unique opportunity to:
- Participate in various professional development opportunities led by regional and global experts from the Teach For All network. Get access to some of the most provocative and innovative practitioners and educational experts in the world today. TFC team members have joined calls with Angela Duckworth (author of Grit), Salman Khan (founder of Khan Academy), Reed Hastings (founder of Netflix), Ju Ho Lee (former minister of education, science and technology of the Government of the Republic of Korea), and many more.
- Surround yourself with colleagues who are passionate about education and have a big sense of possibility. We take the time to understand our strengths, our students, their families, our schools and communities, and the challenges and opportunities to make a positive impact on our education system. We are collaborators who operate with a partnership mindset.
- Work in a vision-oriented and values-based organization. Be part of a “growth” culture that fosters constant learning, experimentation, and continuous feedback.
How to apply
- Submit your resume and cover letter (first chance for you to demonstrate your communication skills) along with work samples (any writing produced in Khmer and English such as articles, blog post, etc.). **SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION HERE**
- If shortlisted, we will contact you to set up an interview.
- If your interview is successful, we will extend an offer. Our salary offer will be dependent on our evaluation of your skills and experience against the requirements.
More about Teach For Cambodia
We often get asked “What is Teach For Cambodia?” Most people think teaching or in an extreme case, people think Teach For Cambodia is a school. First, Teach For Cambodia is a home-grown organization seeking to reimagine education and the social impact sector in Cambodia. We are not investing in infrastructure for schools but in future Cambodian leaders through the Teach For Cambodia Fellowship Program. These leaders, also known as Fellows, commit to teach full-time for two years in public school. During the two years, they participate in our training and support program geared towards building knowledge, mindset and skills to optimize their impact on student outcomes. All Fellows are enrolled in a Master of Education program at our partner university, the Royal University of Phnom Penh.
In our second year of operation, Teach For Cambodia has successfully placed 62 Fellows across 16 schools and is reaching 9,000 students in high-need communities. These promising future leaders with diverse backgrounds and education (including degrees in information technology, science, engineering, law, international relations, psychology, social work, etc.) have committed at least two years to teaching in rural regions of Kandal and Kampong Chhnang provinces and poor urban areas in Phnom Penh. In 2020 and beyond, Teach For Cambodia aims to reach 15,000 children and support its first alumni cohort in careers and sectors that can help ensure system-level change — from teaching, to school leadership, to policy making, to social innovation.
Our team is passionate about our mission and serious about our work, and we support each other to grow personally and professionally. We want you to know that our culture is about learning, having fun and embracing a little weirdness. By weirdness, we want to celebrate our team’s individuality and bravery in bringing their full self to work. We look forward to meeting you and welcoming you to our team!
To learn more about working at Teach For Cambodia, visit our Careers page.