Teach For Cambodia is hiring an Executive Assistant to help unlock the capacity of the CEO, COO and other senior leaders to ensure the organization can tackle its most critical priorities and goals. We are seeking someone who is super open to learning and achieving in an ambitious startup environment.
At A Glance
Position: Executive Assistant
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia (with some travel within Phnom Penh)
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Employment Type: Full-time, paid (minimum one-year contract)
Start Date: 8 January 2019 (immediate start is possible)
Application Deadline: Until Filled
Basic Requirements: Cambodian citizen
Compensation: $400-450 gross salary for this entry-level role (depending on experience and current skillset)
About Teach For Cambodia
Teach For Cambodia (TFC) has the vision that all children in Cambodia – regardless of their economic circumstances – will have the opportunity to unleash their potential. Our mission is to build a new pool of diverse and committed leaders who will work relentlessly in pursuit of this vision, starting by teaching full-time for two years in low-resourced schools through our paid Fellowship program.
Through the highly selective and rigorous Fellowship, participants develop critical knowledge, enabling insights and first-hand understanding of the education system in Cambodia, and the challenges and opportunities in addressing the issues of educational inequity. With intensive training and support from TFC, Fellows help transform the lives of their students while enhancing their own leadership capabilities. Alumni of the program (and, over time, their students) will become the next generation of Cambodian leaders, change agents, and advocates in education, business, environment, law, government, journalism, social innovation, and others. Their experiences during the Fellowship will inform and shape their priorities and direction as they work from inside and outside of the education system to effect the fundamental changes needed to ensure educational equity and excellence for all children.
As a start-up, not-for-profit organization working towards an ambitious goal and mission in a challenging environment, we are looking for exceptional individuals who are self-directed, highly organized, learning-oriented, creative and strategic team players to join our growing team.
The Executive Assistant plays an integral role to ensuring that leaders of the organization have the capacity to prioritize the most critical objectives necessary to achieve the vision and mission of Teach For Cambodia. This person works closely with the CEO & COO to support administrative and operational needs while also pitching in to support the programmatic side of the organization.
This role provides the unique opportunity to work closely with the executive leaders and interface with senior level staff, board members, external stakeholders and staff throughout the organization. The Executive Assistant can expect to work across different functional areas to include those under the direct control of the CEO & COO:
- Public sector relations (government & schools)
- Private sector relations (corporates and foundations)
- Finance, operations and technology
- Marketing & communications
- Talent & organizational development
- Office management & administration
The Executive Assistant will also have the opportunity to work with programmatic leaders in charge of:
- Recruitment & selection
- Training & support
- Impact measurement & evaluation
This person should be open and adaptable to change. For the right person, there is considerable room for growth in this role and within Teach For Cambodia.
- Provide administrative support including but not limited to, scheduling meetings and calls, maintaining calendars, arranging travel, managing correspondence and communications, and processing reimbursements and paperwork
- Compile, draft and/or edit communications to team members, the organization, and external constituents in English and Khmer
- Coordinate logistics, providing advance materials (research or otherwise), and executing follow up for internal and external meetings or events
- Implement processes and procedures to ensure operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Ensure timely payment and tracking of bills, reimbursements, and expense reports for the CEO & COO
- Help develop and track budgets as necessary
- Perform other tasks as directed by senior team leaders
- Participate in a variety of tasks and projects to support the entire program from recruitment to selection, and training and support of Fellows during the two-year program
- Special initiatives as directed by the CEO & COO to advance the strategic priorities of the organization
Values and Mindsets
- Embody the values that are important to Teach For Cambodia (leadership, constant learning, team, locally rooted & globally informed, and respect & humility)
- Have a deep belief in the power of education to transform lives, communities and Cambodia
- Spirit of flexibility and high sense of urgency
- Honesty and integrity at all times
- Professional desire to be challenged and grow
Education, Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in any field
- Attention to detail and ability to focus and prioritize
- Works efficiently and effectively in a deadline-driven environment
- Takes initiative to grow and make things happen that are in alignment with org goals and priorities
- Fluent written and spoken English and Khmer language skills in order to engage with all different stakeholders
- Knowledge of Microsoft & Google Office products, especially Word/Docs, Excel/Sheets, PowerPoint/Slides
- Ability to navigate WordPress for teachforcambodia.org is a plus
- Ability to produce professional marketing materials for online and offline consumption is a plus
Benefits and Unique Opportunities
Benefits include a flexible vacation policy, medical insurance, dental allowance and opportunities for professional development. For example, you will have the unique opportunity to:
- Work in a vision-oriented and values-based organization that leverages best practices from the public and private sector in pursuit of our ambitious objectives and goals
- Join a team with a “growth” culture fostering constant learning, time-limited experience and continuous feedback. This means that learning is a priority for everyone every day; it is at the heart of all of our meetings, collaborations and projects.
- Be part of an organization that applies the 70-20-10 learning and development model to how we approach professional development.
- Grow yourself within a startup not-for-profit organization and see how you can make an impact on public education in Cambodia.
Steps To Apply
- Let us know you’re interested: Complete the online application form and submit your CV and cover letter. We appreciate referrals so let us know how you heard about us.
- If you seem to be a good match: We’ll set up an introductory chat to give you and us a chance to get to know each other better.
- If invited for an in-person interview: You will receive pre-interview activities to complete and submit 24 hours before your interview date/time.
- If you are selected for the role: We will let you know as soon as we make our decision!